Sunday, January 7, 2018

Summer Activity Extravaganza


This past week, Michael got to go mountain biking in Canberra with some friends. They had a great time despite the heat, and survived with only minor scrapes and bruises.





I've been spending a lot more of my time at the local pool since it's been hot, and because anything impactful has really gotten uncomfortable in my larger state. I've actually been going regularly enough that I've improved in my speed and stamina, and have graduated from the slow lane to the medium lane (really, it's dependant on how crowded the slow lane is on a given day). 





Ninja and Eve have also found their summer activity fix. For X-mas, they got a new crinkle tube thing, similar to the one pictured below. Mainly Ninja has been rolling all over the apartment with it and keeping us entertained. Side note: when I looked up google images of "crinkly cat tube toy", I realized how much bad photoshopping is used to try to market cat toys. They use the exact same photoshopped pics of a cat with or next to different toys. It's kind of funny when you see how many times you can spot the same cat.




Last night we went to see The Greatest Showman, which was entertaining and exactly what we expected it to be. Afterwards, we looked up the true story of PT Barnum, only to find out that the movie was completely inaccurate about the true story in a multitude of ways. They didn't even accurately portray how many kids the guy had. That one seems like an easy fix - did they not have enough money to pay two more kids as extras? If they were going to completely fictionalize the story, why even bother calling the character PT Barnum? I also kept getting distracted by the fact that I thought the little Tom Thumb guy looked kind of like a miniature version of my brother, and then I couldn't stop laughing whenever he was onscreen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment