Monday, January 29, 2018

Michael Returns, Summer is fading



Michael has returned safely from his ski trip, but his phone has not. It has returned, just not all in one piece. The screen is in many pieces. Anyway, luckily, we did actually get the insurance on it. We had a pretty lazy Sunday and then got dinner at Spice Alley

It's my last day of summer break from work, although I will only potentially work for the first two weeks of the first term. I say potentially, since I don't know how many days I will work yet in those two weeks. I have to work at least one day before I go on maternity leave, to ensure that I get paid parental leave (you're not allowed to have an eight week gap, and including the summer holidays, I would if I stopped working now).

I am ready for summer to end and autumn to begin. I've enjoyed all my pool days, but I wake up enough in the middle of the night, and even more so when it's hot. I know it'll probably still be a few weeks until it cools off as much as I'd like, but it can start any time now. Michael is really not used to it, having just been playing in the snow for a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment