Sunday, January 28, 2018

Pipilotti Rist



Saturday, I went with a friend to see the Pipilotti Rist exhibit at the Museum of Contemporary Art. Parts of it were pretty "trippy"; she does a lot of work with light, projection, and screens. Some of the time I wasn't sure if the art was the art, or if we were the art in how we experienced what she threw together. Some of it was really cool, and some of it just reminded me of exactly why modern art often gets made fun of in classic Simpsons episodes.



Overall, it was a good artsy fartsy/cultural experience, since I hadn't had one in a little while. After that, we went to a classic favorite, the Bitter Phew, to meet up with a few friends. While everyone else enjoyed their fancy brews, I washed down my Mr. Crackles with some ginger ale, and some random guy gave us some of his birthday cake. It was a Saturday in air conditioning well-spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment