Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Michael goes to Canada


Michael is flying out tomorrow to represent Australia with his club frisbee team (DUFF Stout) at AMUCC in Winnipeg, Canada. He will be gone for two weeks. I would have joined him, along with Penelope, but after looking into flights I decided it was too costly and also too inconvenient, since I was also trying to find a way to visit family in the states during the same trip. I would have had to fly at least part of the way with just myself and Penelope. I decided that flying with a baby is enough of a challenge when you have help, and it would be majorly anxiety-inducing and unpleasant to do it by myself. It wouldn't be enjoyable, which would negate the purpose of such a trip anyway. 

So, we will cheer him on from afar this time. I will need to operate like a single parent for two weeks. Penelope is a happy and good kid most of the time, thank goodness. That being said, it's still going to be a challenge to take care of her by myself and have time to keep the apartment nice and clean, and buy groceries, and those sorts of things. So, if they don't get done, but Penelope is doing fine and I don't workout much and just eat takeout half the time, so be it. We will have our regular activities, like swim lessons, a music/movement class, and a few social gatherings, to keep us busy. I have a few friends who've said they can help out with her here and there too, and another friend who will let me borrow their car if I need it. 

I have already pampered myself a little bit in preparation - I got a massage and had my nails done. I'll probably do something similar upon Mike's return to celebrate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment