Thursday, June 7, 2018

The Tramsheds



Today my mums group met at The Tramsheds. It's basically a small mall made out of an old tram depot, but most of the businesses are gourmet restaurants and cafes. It also has the most amazing parents' room I've ever seen: there is a pram parking area, three separate curtained-off private rooms for breastfeeding, a seating area with two couches and little tables, multiple padded changing tables, a microwave/sink/counter area for preparing bottles, a low glass wall "fenced" off area with some toys attached to the wall and a TV playing cartoons where you can put down toddlers for a minute if you need to (but still easily watch them), and an accessible-sized toilet area with grown-up and tiny child facilities. Not only was this room nice in general, but it was pristinely clean despite regular use. They set the bar high; I wish every family destination was this considerate of parents to little ones. I'm sure it pays off, with the word of mouth advertisement among parents. I will certainly be back to try the different restaurants, and I will recommend it to friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment