Sunday, June 24, 2018

Space Case


When #45 took office, I imagined I would dislike many things he did. I have to say, he has really gone below and beyond some of the lowest standards I could have possibly imagined for a US president. It is not an overreaction to say that it's disturbing. All the latest immigration chaos and hateful rhetoric is the just the most recent stuff. And then there's this stupid space force plan. America keeps digging itself into deeper and deeper holes, internationally and domestically, but let's spend a ton money we don't really have to invent a branch of the military we don't really need?! That money could be used on so many more things that would benefit so many more Americans. We could improve healthcare, life for existing veterans and military branches, schools, drinking water quality in Flint, Michigan, invest in our infrastructure, invest in American companies that manufacture renewable energy, national parks/the interior, repair Puerto Rico, etc. But no, #45 wants to go play in space. If we want to do something in space, why not give the money to NASA, which already exists and does valuable research, instead of ignoring the research and projects they already do?! And don't get me started on this business of him holding rallies for himself, which is just kind of pathetic and sad. Stop campaigning for a job you already have, and actually properly do that job. 

I gripe a lot about the US government these days, but the Australian government has its own issues. I won't go into them because I honestly know less about them, but it's not perfect here either. It's not perfect anywhere. There is an immigration crisis all over the world, and there is no quick fix for any of the countries dealing with it. But, I'm fairly certain that splitting up families and putting children in cages is not the answer. And then, arguing whether or not they are in cages further wastes our time. 

All I know is it's my goal to teach Penelope, and all the kids I work with, about love, positivity, and empathy. Those ideals don't have to equate to being weak or a pushover, I associate them with strength and wisdom. There is this silly idea that #45 is masculine and powerful because he isn't politically correct, says what he thinks, and doesn't apologize. It really makes him seem completely foolish, juvenile, and like he doesn't have any self-control or manners.  

Anyway, life goes on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment