Sunday, June 10, 2018

Kombucha, A Winter Dinner Party, and A Rainy Day



I've started home brewing my own kombucha. The first batch is done fermenting and it's now sealed and becoming carbonated. Exciting stuff! I'd say it's surprisingly easy, except I haven't completed the process yet. So, there's still time for me to screw up.




Last night we went to a dinner party at our friends', Mick and Leslie's. Penelope was a little social butterfly, and enjoyed being passed around to probably more people than Mike or I even talked to at the party. 

Today was supposed to be my first day back on the frisbee field, but the fields were closed because it was rainy. We made the most of the rainy day, like doing the kombucha stuff, and inviting some friends over to play boardgames. Penelope, again, was happy to play with our visitors and giggled up a storm. 

We've discovered that sometimes when she's mildly fussy and makes her pouty face, if you show her what she looks like in the mirror, she can't help but smile or laugh. It's pretty funny. It only works if she's just a little bit fussy, like if she just wants you to change the position she's sitting/standing in, or if she wants you to standup. I don't think it would work if she's starving or super over-tired. 

It's actually a three day weekend here because of the Queen's birthday. Woo hoo for three day weekends! I'm not back at work yet, but it means Michael is off and I get the extra help with Penelope. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment