Friday, February 28, 2014

Objects in apartment are smaller than they appear


Our apartment is at least sparsely furnished now, hurray! Our entertainment system is also up and running and I again have access to Walking Dead, hip hip hooray! 


The couch is only loveseat size, but it's still comfy enough to fall asleep in (this is a standard we set for every couch we buy).




Our mini garden was left behind by the previous tenant. 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week we got to taste a lot of New Zealand wines for our friend (and former flatmate), Liz's birthday. I've gone wine tasting a handful of times; I am far from an expert. Usually I can pick one I like best, but this time I was not wowed by any of the wines I tried. There was one table that had Waiwera still and sparkling"artesian water" and it was exceptional (how often to do you hear someone say that about water?). Supposedly it's from a source that hasn't been touched for thousands of years until now. Even the bottles are fancier than your average glass bottle. So yeah, the highlight of the wine tasting was the water. 

Because we can never have too many hobbies, tonight we checked out the climbing gym at St. Leonards. We met up with James there, a friend of our DC climbing friends who lives here now. One thing that's nice about climbing there is that all the ropes are set up with ATCs and carabiners already anchored in, so to rope in you just have to clip in instead of tying any knots or setting up to belay. It significantly reduces the amount of time it takes to switch from climbing to belaying your partner and vice versa. I'm not sure if this is a standard climbing gym thing around here, or just how they run things at the one at St. Leonards - I guess we'll eventually find out. 

After all the climbing, or the fact that I'm sinking into our comfy loveseat, I'm sleepy. Goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment