Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Contrary to popular belief, it rains in paradise

It's the first day since we've moved to Sydney that it has been overcast and misty/drizzly all day. Usually if it's overcast the clouds burn off and it's sunny by the afternoon, but not today.

I have a mild cough. I spent today doing laundry, on the phone for a long time with utility companies, and running a few errands. Not very interesting, I know. I just thought I would provide some contrast to all the other posts that make it seem awesome here most of the time. It is awesome here most of the time - except when you need to do chores, apply to jobs, and deal with call centers and inefficient processes. 

All that being said, today is not bad. I think people need rainy or boring days to kind of reset and appreciate the nicer more exciting days. Even as far as rainy days go, this rain is really wimpy. I wouldn't mind a good thunderstorm to shake things up and water the plants. You call this rain, Sydney?

We did get to watch the Superbowl (recorded from earlier in the day) at Michael's coworker's apartment last night. I'm not a huge football fan, but I wasn't about to turn down an evening that would remind me a little bit of home. Because it plays on one of the sport channels here, we don't get the same expensive commercials that show in the US. Oh well - no loss. Since we were north of the harbour we took the ferry back, which was very enjoyable with the bridge, city, and Luna Park lit up at night. It's no Rome at night, but it'll do for now.








No comments:

Post a Comment