Saturday, December 16, 2017

Happy School Holidays!



Friday was the last day of school in 2017. My school gave me a nice little thank you and send-off. 

In the evening, we went to a holiday dinner of sorts with some friends. My only regret was filling up too much on the cheese and crackers before getting to all the other good stuff, but I suppose that's a regret I can live with. At least I got to taste turkey, spinach dip, brussels sprouts, potatoes, stuffing, etc. We ended up playing an impromptu version of The Newlywed Game, which was pretty hilarious. We also played a superlatives game, from which I found out I was the most likely person in the room to have been a Disney child star, and the person in the room most likely to live the longest. I think Michael ended up being voted a good person to pick to help you bury a dead body. My friend, Holly, and I also decided we would be a good team to be stranded on a desert island together (for that question, significant others were not allowed to be your answer), since Holly would plant a nice garden and I would be a good forager, and we would tame wild monkeys as pets. Anyway, it was all good fun despite our friend's apartment feeling like 90 degrees the whole time. 

Saturday was we has our usual breakfast sandwiches from the bike cafe, and went to the pool in the afternoon. We tossed around the mini frisbee and did a few really pathetic laps. It has been a fun and mostly relaxing day. I'm topping it off by making some homemade Vietnamese-style rice paper rolls


No comments:

Post a Comment