Monday, August 19, 2019

Return of the Little Plastic Things



Both Coles and Woolworths have promotions for little collectible items right now, so we find ourselves collecting little useless things again. They aren't entirely useless, since we have a kid who can play with them, so at least there's that. There are some people that are trying to boycott these deals, because they want to discourage the unnecessary use of plastic. I agree with these people in principle, despite the fact that I find myself collecting. This is partly because if all the chains near you have some kind of collectibles, you can't boycott, you need to buy food. And, a novel free toy for our collection seems like it's fine, considering that they have already been made at this point. I know, I'm part of the problem. I can't be perfect in every way. 

So, every few days, we acquire new "Lion King" Ooshies or more Little Shop Items. I suppose the key in the future would be for them to revert to trading cards, or other items that are made of different materials (as long as they aren't terrible quality, like the cardboard Christmas items that Woolies gave out).

While it might seem ridiculous that we collect these, as a biproduct of just going to the store to buy the things we need anyway, there are people who are selling and buying them online to complete their collections for big bucks. If we find a rare one, I would have no qualms with making some money off of it.

Anyway, happy collecting, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment