Thursday, February 15, 2018

Post-Valentines Day Post


Personally, I think Valentine's Day is kind of stupid. It often gets away from its ideal purpose of making everyone feel loved, and instead ends up guilting people into spending lots of money on their significant others, hyping up some to feel let down, or to make some single people feel bad about themselves even though there's nothing wrong with them. I've thought this whether or not I'm single or in a relationship on the particular day. That's why I don't often say much about it. And, showing someone you care about them shouldn't have to be a showy thing. I would question someone's motives if they either need to be so public about how wonderful their relationship is, or if they need the person they date to be so showy about their feelings. Like, dude, why do you need so much attention from everyone else seeing how good your relationship is, if it's really so good? People shouldn't need a specific day of the year to show how much they care about the people around them; theoretically, they should just do it regularly anyway. I'm a firm believer that it's more meaningful to surprise a significant other with flowers or a little thoughtful gesture any random day of the year than on Valentine's Day. 

All that being said, Michael and I did what we usually do on Valentine's Day, which is have a chill dinner at an ordinary restaurant both of us like. We went to Vapiano's, a regular favorite of ours, since I was craving pasta. It was great in a very ordinary way. I hope everyone else had an enjoyable enough V-Day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment