Saturday, February 10, 2018

Lady Bird



I enjoyed seeing Lady Bird last night. Since the main character was a teenager attending Catholic high school right around the same time period I was, it was a little nostalgic. It was just like a little slice of life from that time period, and about the decisions young adults have to make, particularly ones that people had to make at this time when some families had to deal with a parent getting laid off and adjusting to post 9-11 life. Saoirse Ronan did a great job with her character, and the dialogue was realistic and funny. The movie fits into the "coming-of-age" category, without dealing with any one particular intense topic, like those kinds of movies tend to do. I can see why it got good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, but I'm surprised how high they were, just considering its independent vibe. Particularly for people close to my age, I'd recommend Lady Bird for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment