Sunday, March 19, 2017

Great Scott!



We recently watched Back to the Future at the outdoor cinema with a group of friends. Unbelievably to the rest of us, one of our friends had not see any of the movies in the trilogy before that, and he loved the first one. Friday, the same group of us re-watched the other two movies. 

I couldn't count how many times I've seen all three movies over the years. I can pretty much recite all the main lines, and I know a lot of strange behind-the-scenes facts about different characters and scenes. It was fun to watch them with a different group of friends who had varying depths of memory of the films - perhaps only one other knew them as well as I did. It was kind if painful to watch the part of the second movie where Marty is realizing the present has turned into a nightmare, in the same way that it's painful to read the news every day now. They movies still hold up as great a comedic, sci-fi cinematic experience. Even though more time travel movies have been made since, they are still quite unique as a set.

The other highlight of the weekend involved karaoke. Apparently at Ding Dong Dang, if you ask nicely, they will let you borrow tambourines and maracas. We already enjoyed karaoke, but having these simple instruments made it 100% more fun. One of my hands is even bruised from tambourining so awesomely.

I am not ready for another week to start. If only I had a time machine so I could go back to the beginning of the weekend and relive the good parts. 






No comments:

Post a Comment