Saturday, September 3, 2016

To Market, To Market

I've had a pleasant Saturday out and about while Michael is away in Dubbo for the regionals tournament. I ran into a friend of mine at Bondi Junction, so after my workout we took an impromptu trip to the beach for lunch. I enjoyed feeding my leftovers to a bully seagull who was blind in one eye. I kind of felt bad for the other seagulls it was scaring away in overcompensation, but I was also thinking, "This dude's got one eye; props to it for holding its own". 

I was able to hit three markets in one day, a personal record (not that it's something I've ever tried to do before, or will likely ever try to do again): Bondi Farmers Market, Paddington Market, and the Spring Night Market. Each one has its own feel. Bondi is super crunchy and is over by early afternoon. Paddington is the one I go to most, since it's close and every Saturday, so there was the usual familiar stuff. The Spring Night Market had good local food and drinks to taste, but wasn't very pleasant due to it being overwhelmingly crowded and there being too much smoke in the air from the grills. 

In other completely unimportant news, I've finally beaten 2048. I had kind of forgotten about the game until I had students this week who introduced me to the cupcake and Pokemon versions of the same game. They are not as good, in my humble opinion.

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete