Saturday, September 17, 2016

The Soda Factory


Last night we went to The Soda Factory for the first time. I think it's the kind of place a lot of people like but it wasn't my scene; it has this weird hot dog cafe facade so you feel like you're going into a speakeasy (see the pic below; the entrance is the door that looks like a fridge on the right). I feel like this is a really common thing for bars in Sydney these days, which can be charming, but it can also seem like they're trying a little hard to produce an atmosphere. Perhaps I would have liked the place more if I had been able to get there earlier when there was more of a happy hour vibe, but by the time I got there after dinner with a friend it just felt like a noisy club. It just made me feel old and like I wanted to yell at all the dancing youngsters to get off my lawn. I stayed just long enough to feel adequately social, and then we called it a night. 




No comments:

Post a Comment