Monday, April 18, 2016

Going for the Bronze




In the last many months it has been harder to get a regular trivia team together than it was previously, just because of different peoples' time demands, particularly those that have kids. Even if I don't get a team together, I still usually go and represent all by myself, and chat with the locals (who generally tend to be old dudes) and the host, and occasionally win free drinks. This week I was quite happy to get four friends together and come in 3rd. It wasn't our strongest showing, but not bad. It's funny to me that we were all married or engaged, but none of the "better halves" were there because they all had their hands full. I suppose tag-teaming is the the nature of socalizing when you have young kids, but I wouldn't know. Anyway, it was good fun, and nice to not be solo. 




Putting together a good trivia team is a fine art. You want all knowledge areas covered if possible, with just some overlap. You don't want too many cooks to spoil the broth. Tonight, one of the teams of old Aussie dudes asked me to join them in the future if I end up not having people, so I suppose that's nice. My range of knowledge probably complements theirs quite well, since I would add a bit of variety in a few different dimensions. Time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment