Sunday, October 18, 2015

Stepping Stones and Milestones

This weekend started off with a craft project. We made some jerseys for the Tight and Bright frisbee tournament on Saturday. I was going to upload a video by I'm having problems with it, so if I remember later I'll try again.

Unusually, the tournament started in the afternoon and then went until nighttime, with smaller than usual teams and fields. After having a predictably delicious lunch at the Pie Tin, we went with a small team of friends and had a good time, winning four games and losing just one.

Sunday has been quite a bit lazier. The only eventful thing so far was that on the way home from the grocery store I saw an large (about a foot long, including its tale) injured blue tongue lizard on the sidewalk. Here is a picture of one, but not the particular one we found, since it's big cut was kind of gross...





Anyway, it had a large deep cut in the area of its tale and hind legs. It was bad enough that it would be hard for it to heal on its own in the wild. I called the ranger who we know at Centennial Park (who also does volunteer animal rescue) and she came to pick up the lizard and bring it to the vet to get stitches. She said these lizards tend to be quite resilient, though, so it would probably be okay. Hopefully at some point we'll run into the ranger and we'll find out how our little friend fared. 

In other news, apparently this weekend was my 10 year college reunion. I have officially missed every reunion held by my high school and university; every single time I think I have been out of the country. One of these days I'll make it to one of those events and cherish some memories, or make some better ones.





No comments:

Post a Comment