Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Nationals in Adelaide

This past weekend, Michael and I travelled to Adelaide to play in the Australian National Ultimate Frisbee Championships. Our team didn't place as high as it did last year, but we had a good time and Michael celebrated his birthday. We added a few plays to the blooper reel for sure. I was most impressed with Friskee, the winning team, not because they won the tournament, but because they truly won the party. They all dressed up, pretty much in bright 80's clothes, even though there was no party theme. They brought a long jump rope to the party and were running, jumping, and weaving through it, getting people from lots of other teams in too. At one point they were seeing how many people could jump in and keep jumping at the same time; I think six. I'm really amazed we that didn't get shutdown at the bar, and also that nobody got hurt. It was a much more fun jump rope experience than my last one (see my previous post about Jump Rope for Heart). Our team also held a fantastic kangaroo court, as is the tradition.

After watching the finals of the tournament on Sunday, we found out that the Port Festival was happening, so we stopped by. It was a bigger event than we had thought it would be, with lots of art and craft tents, a big flea market, live music and entertainment, food trucks, etc. It was a nice way to end the weekend with a few teammates who were flying back at the same time. 

Now we are back in the middle of a busy work week, still playing catch-up on chores. I haven't been attacked by my bird nemesis this week, so that's good. Last week it attacked me twice on my way to work. It literally singles me out and dive-bombs me and not other people walking through the park at the same time. 

Also, The Walking Dead is back! Hooray! October's alright so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment