Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Michael's Turn

I've been well enough to work the last few days, which is good in general, but not good for my voice. As I am slowly getting better from my sore throat and stuffy sinuses, Michael has come down with the flu and is currently out of commission. This is the most I have ever seen him sleep in a 24 hour period. At this point we are just trying to get through the week, kind of exhausted. We even missed our weekly frisbee game, which is a rarity.

I suppose it is just the season for a week like that. While everyone in the homeland is complaining of sweltering heat, we are all fighting sicknesses and trying to keep warm with more-or-less adequate space-heaters. I think the coldest bit of winter is probably already over by now; we'll see. "Christmas in July" themed events actually feel more appropriate here than the December festivities. The Northern Hemisphere expats can break out their tacky sweaters, unlike at the the real Christmas time. 

I always forget gargling with warm sea salt water is really good for you when you're sick, until I'm almost better. Then I think, "Why wasn't I doing this the whole time?! Why don't I do this even when I'm not sick?". You'd think that would be more valuable information that some of the other trivial things my brain remembers.

And now I'm off to get some early sleep. Buenas noches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment