Thursday, February 26, 2015

The One I Love

I just watched The One I Love, starring Mark Duplass, and I loved it. It was playful and original and falls into the category of movies I recently talked about when discussing Groundhog Day - movies where the characters must react to strange, unexplainable phenomena. I think the makers of the movie did a good job of piquing the audience's interest within the first few minutes and then steadily increasing suspense right up until the end. The ending was less of a surprise than other parts of the plot, but amusing all the same. Also, in this day and age of 3 hour epic movies, I appreciate that the independent The One I Love is a respectable 91 minutes (quality is not always equal to quantity, and vice versa). I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment