Thursday, January 8, 2015

Funemployment is a misnomer

You may have seen this video lately of Jimmy Fallon finding out he blew a chance to date Nicole Kidman years ago without even realizing it. I'm kind of obsessed with it because (1) his reaction is hilarious, and (2) it's an interesting idea to think of how your life could be drastically different had you made one different choice at some point in the past.

In other news that is not really new, I just haven't talked much about it, I am currently unemployed. I chose to quit working at the childcare center so that I could be in a better position to find a job I like better for the remainder of my time here in Australia. Ordinarily I wouldn't recommend quitting unless you have something else lined up first, but for the particular situation I was/am in I think it was the right choice. Hopefully it won't be too long before I find something good. So far I just have one small lead, but I'm not sure yet if it will turn into anything.

I am joining Michael's gym, something I never thought I would ever do. My goal for as long as I'm not working is to workout at least four days a week. If I have the time, I have no excuse not to. It has also been nice to have some free time to act as our travel agent and book our upcoming New Zealand trip, as well as work on some Shutterfly albums. 

Anyway, it's nice to be back in Australia after being away for two weeks. I didn't realize it, but I missed it here a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment