Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Appreciative and Thankful

Michael just shared with me the blog of one of his new frisbee teammates (If you look at it expect to cry, start at the beginning in 2008, and it's long). It's eerie how much it starts out like my blog. It starts out as his wife's blog as they are living abroad in Sydney. He is a frisbee player and they travel like Michael and I do. The blog chronicles her diagnosis with ALS, and her decline - truly heartbreaking. It obviously resonates with me because of the parallels between our lives and theirs, and how they dealt with the most difficult things a couple can go through with positivity is really inspiring. It's also nice that the ultimate frisbee community gets some shout-outs for being so warm and helpful during their tough times.

The blog kind of reminded me of the book, Love is a Mixtape, although the stories have obvious differences. Anyway, reading it just really reminds me how lucky we are, and just to be appreciative and thankful.

I hope everyone's new year is off to a happy and healthy start for the most part!

No comments:

Post a Comment