Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Voting Day - Nov 6


Election Day is Nov 6! Early voting has already started in some states; we have already mailed in our ballots. I hope all my readers are registered and have a plan. Here is some info about the specifics for different states. Lyft and Uber have offered free rides to the polls as well. 

In Australia, voting is mandatory (there is some small fine if you don't), and they make it very easy for citizens - I believe it's always on the weekend, and your polling place is flexible. Not to mention, there's the tradition of voting and then eating a "Democracy sausage". 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the election, and I'm a little nervous about what the outcome will be. After the last big election, it seems like nothing is certain when it comes to US politics. I think record numbers of young people will come out to vote, but I really have no idea if that will actually happen. I believe there are record numbers of younger people running for office, as well as record numbers of candidates who come from diverse backgrounds. No matter what you think is going to happen, make sure you vote. Make yourself aware of what you need to do in your state, and bring an official ID just in case. If there is any confusion, remember, you can always fill out a provisional ballot.

Yay, Democracy!


No comments:

Post a Comment