Monday, October 8, 2018

Nope


As I have previously mentioned, I am against Kavanaugh's nomination for several reasons. One of many reasons it's quite bothersome is that he was voted for by states that represent less than half of the country, and the majority of Americans do not want him there, including thousands of judges and law experts. The whole point of the Supreme Court is that it's supposed to be less partisan than the other branches of government, and this appointment makes a mockery of that. Not only has Kavanaugh shown himself to be incredibly partisan, he has said vengeful things about the opposing side. I think this quote sums it up best (I don't know who said it, since it's been going around the internet from different sources):

"I never get hired at the job interviews where I cry and tell the how much I love drinking beer".

That hearing was a job interview, and nobody else would have gotten a job acting like that. The GOP has shown over and over in the last two years that they don't care about the views and rights of women, and this was just one more big obvious way of doing that.

Anyway, I could talk endlessly about my problems with the whole hearing and sham FBI investigation, but I won't bother. All I will do now is remind people to vote. And if you claim to care about the women in your life, but you continue to vote for the GOP candidates who continuously and consistently ignore and debase women, then your actions speak louder than your words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment