Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Round and Round and Round in the Circle Game


I probably overuse this phrase, but it's the end of an era. Over the weekend, I ran our frisbee club's annual meeting and I've stepped down as Secretary after a two year tenure. I had a good run, working with a team of my friends, but I've decided it's time to move over and let some fresh legs come in and do some stuff. Some of the old board has stayed on in new roles, and some other dependable people have stepped up. I will still be involved to some extent, helping them run the youth camp and other events here and there. But, it's nice to be free from some of the responsibility.

Despite frisbee showing on ESPN2 for the first time recently, the sport is still mostly a grassroots effort. It's a great community to be a part of, and it was nice to give back and do some of the behind the scenes stuff for a while. 


No comments:

Post a Comment