Monday, August 28, 2017

Alien: Covenant


Yesterday I watched Alien: Covenant. It was mostly what I expected, and of course not as good as Aliens, the best one from the series. I grew up watching these movies, particularly the first three. Anyway, the thing that struck me watching this one was, "This looks familiar. I have been there before". Then I looked it up online and realized I had been to where it was filmed: Milford Sound in New Zealand. It was nice to see the landscape because it's beautiful, but it did take away some of the movie magic about the fact that I'm supposed to be looking at the terrain of some mysterious planet. In fact, there were a lot of articles I found about forgetting all the actors who are in the film, "Milford Sound is the star", haha. 

I'm sure there are lots of other things I could say, critiquing the movie. The one I will mention is this - there were a lot of unnecessary character relationships in the movie. Half of the characters were married to or dating each other, which was just kind of unnecessary to the plot. I guess they did it so you would feel extra bad for the survivors when their partner dies or something, but I didn't. The first three Alien movies didn't have on unnecessary romances and they were more interesting. 

I give it a C for effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment