Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Green Thumb?



In addition to the death of my friend recently, I've heard about several other recent deaths or friends (or family members) of friends falling ill. Partially because of this, partially because I have a little free time right now, and partially because Michael encouraged me to do it, I decided to plant our little urban garden to create new life (even if it is only plant life). I also think this will improve the quality of our own life, even if only by a teeny tiny bit, so that will help with our resolutions.  

If all goes well, we will have aloe, strawberries, clover sprouts, dill, basil, mint, and spring onions all growing. If all does not go well, we will have some potato sacks and pots full of dirt. In my experience, aloe is pretty easy to keep alive, so I'm fairly confident about that one. The herbs will probably live until we go away for a week or more and neglect them at some point. The sprouts and strawberries are kind of a stretch, and I will be proud if I can get a harvest out of them at all. If this ends up being a success, I'll probably get a few more herbs or veggies to add to our balcony garden.





I will post photos if there is noteworthy progress...





No comments:

Post a Comment