Friday, January 27, 2017

6 Degrees of Separation


The wonders of social media...

Watching the Australian Open live last night, it's awesome and weird to watch Serena Williams crush it and know that I only have two degrees of separation from her. Yeah right, you say. But it's true. 

I went to high school with several people that ended up going to UVA with Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit. If I go into those old friends' photos, there are pictures of them just casually hanging out with Alexis. In case you didn't know, Alexis is now engaged to Serena Williams. Hence, at some point, there's a chance my Facebook and Instagram feeds will show photos from what will be their no-doubt, amazing wedding. 

Twenty years ago before the existence of social media, this is the kind of thing that I probably wouldn't have known. I'm sure you, the reader, probably have a similar connection or two that you may or may not be aware of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment