Friday, January 6, 2017

Clothes Swap and 000


I hosted my first successful clothes swap in the new place. The goal was to get rid of more than I acquired, which I think I just barely did. Everyone else walked away with a few things too. And, luckily for me, one of my friends with a car offered to take all the leftovers to a donation place. 

Towards the end of the evening there was a knock at the door. It was my short, elderly male neighbor saying he needed help calling 000 (the 911 equivalent) because he was having trouble breathing and having chest pains. At first I was confused, because he was telling me these things in a relatively normal voice and calmly handed me his phone. It wasn't the kind of dramatic display in the movies where someone clutches their chest, gasps for air, and falls to the floor. Anyway, fortunately, one of my friends who was over is a physiotherapist. I called her over to the door and she knew all the right questions to ask and what to say to the 000 people. The ambulance arrived in about two minutes, and off it went with my neighbor. It's good to know if we ever have an emergency, it's just that easy to call and an ambulance comes immediately. Hopefully, Mr. #11 is okay now and getting some rest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment