Thursday, January 5, 2017

Anti-Gravity Yoga








Yesterday I tried anti-gravity yoga for the first time. Despite having moments of mild motion-sickness, I really enjoyed it. You literally become disoriented (I have been assured by the instructors that this is very normal the first few times you do it), and a few times I found I just needed to come out of my hammock and stand on the ground and watch for a minute. I also recommend not eating much before a class.

It literally decompresses and stretches out your spine even more than normal yoga, which feels awesome. Not to mention, you get to swing around and feel like you're Tinkerbell or Peter Pan. The moves look really complicated if you've never done them before, but once the instructor breaks them down for you into a few steps, they're actually pretty simple. 

Walking out the door of the class, I ran into a teacher from one of the schools where I regularly teach. I probably appeared kind loopy while I was getting "grounded" again, but he seemed to understand since he had taken the class before too. 

Maybe one of the best parts of taking this class for me? It was "free" because I redeemed my bartered time to take it. I'm definitely going to go again.

2 comments:

  1. where did yoh do your class?? i do aerial at skylab in surry hills... LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a place in the Redfern area

    ReplyDelete