Saturday, June 18, 2016

Finding Dory/Piper



Tonight we saw Finding Dory, which was cute and touching. I think (I assume) it was particularly relatable for children with special needs, and parents of such children. Even though Dory's short-term memory loss is kind of a joke in the original, it was more of a serious issue in the sequel. One of the big themes was Dory finding her own way to do things, as well as other characters recognizing her unique abilities. 

Before the movie was one of my favorite Pixar shorts in recent years, Piper. It's the very simple story of a tiny shorebird gaining the courage to forage for food. I really love the shorts because they have to convey so much emotion and story using no dialogue. Some of my other past favorites were La Luna and The Paperman.

No comments:

Post a Comment