Saturday, August 8, 2015

Tiny Human, 1: Cats: 0.

Last night I babysat our friends' baby at our apartment. He slept for most of the time, except two times when he woke up crying to be fed. The baby's behavior was predictable as far as I was concerned. 

The cats, however, having never seen a tiny human before, were completely confused. First, Ninja wanted to sleep in the bassinet. He tried more than once despite getting evicted. Then when the baby was in it, Ninja and Eve just came over to stare wide-eyed. Later when he was crying, they both hurried over, again, wide-eyed horrified looking back and forth between me and the baby in almost an accusatory fashion, like, "STOP MAKING HIM CRY!". When I was trying to feed him he still cried on and off a little between bottle sips because he isn't used to drinking from a bottle. When he stopped crying, Eve would nuzzle my feet, but when he would start up crying again Eve would lightly nip at my feet. After that yielded no response she jumped up and tried to be involved, but didn't know how. She tried to sit on both of us but that didn't work either. 

Anyway, everything settled down in the end. Babysitting ended up being more entertaining than I'd thought it would be because of my confused little kitties.

No comments:

Post a Comment