Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Be an Informed Consumer

Three different people on my facebook feed have been posting more stuff about Shakeology and Beachbody than I care to see, so I decided to look up other info about it online to see why they they are pushing it so hard on social media. They also really seem to play up this "I love my life!" idea all of a sudden, which is why I'm so skeptical. I love my life too, but I don't need to tell everyone about it all the time. These are people who seemed like normal people before they found this company - they had their ups and their downs. Now they've found a product that makes them happy all the time? What a red flag. It's classic bandwagon advertising I learned about in elementary school . There is nothing wrong with wanting to coach and inspire other people, but there are lots of ways to do that that don't have to be attached to a brand. 

I think it's great people want to make good healthy life choices concerning exercise and nutrition. From reading this and this, it sounds like there's no question that the Beachbody and Shakeology products can help somewhat get fit. There's just obviously something fishy going on with pricing and making people buy into the idea that they are earning a discount by recruiting or pushing the product, though.

In any case, I haven't used their products and don't intend to. To be clear, I am not saying anything negative about the company either, as I have had no experience with them whatsoever other than seeing their advertisements disguised as my friends' status updates. I just hope that everyone is making informed decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment