Friday, August 28, 2015

Jump Rope for Narrowly Avoiding Disaster

Ahh... Jump Rope for Heart, the annual fundraiser and awareness campaign for heart health, when children are encouraged to jump rope as much as they can for as long as they can on a special day. I remember taking part in the fun when I was in elementary school, and the kids still do it today, even in Australia. 

When I was at a school on Wednesday, though, I had different thoughts. There are way too any kids in a small space whipping ropes around carelessly; whatever happens, avoid getting hit in the face. Secondly, try to make all the kids more aware that they aren't near anybody when they start trying to skip rope, so they can avoid hitting anyone else in the face. 

I was astonished nobody got hurt. I suppose that's the true win today.

No comments:

Post a Comment