Thursday, August 20, 2015

Bruce

Michael and I are getting psyched to see Matilda the Musical in a few weeks. We listened to the music on Spotify and decided we both love this song. For those unfamiliar for the story, the song is from a part in the story where the mean headmistress is forcing a child to eat an entire chocolate cake, and the other kids are rallying be behind him. The lyrics are pretty genius, for example, "fantastically enthusiastic gastric juice". And we just love the escalation of the mood of the song. It's a tough scene to watch in the movie (as tough as a kids' movie scene could be, anyway), so I can't imagine how they're going to pull it off on stage. I hope they don't really make a child actor eat a whole chocolate cake on stage every night. I don't think they'd do that because it would be horrible. Hopefully he's not a method actor. 

As someone who works with kids, part of the reason I want to see this play is that it boggles my mind how talented the young actors must be to pull it off. I barely think I could memorize a play and perform it well at my age, much less at the age of 10. 


No comments:

Post a Comment