Sunday, April 19, 2015

Butternut Beach Bums

It was another low-key weekend here. Saturday we went to the first practice with the team we are going with to the first ever beach ultimate nationals tournament in Australia at the Gold Coast next month. When we signed on for the tournament, we thought it was going to be a kind of silly tournament, like Wildwood in the US, but then we found out it's nationals. It's probably still going to silly, but with more honor on the line. 

After our beach practice at Bondi and having a team lunch, one of our teammates said he lived just up the street and was going to go surfing. He also happens to own extra surfboards (I guess maybe that's sort of normal when you live at the beach?), so Michael decided to join him while I relaxed on the beach. It turned into a nice little impromptu beach day.

Today Michael and I went climbing at the gym, played some boardgames, and watched some more of The Almighty Johnsons. Now I'm cooking butternut squash risotto (using barley) for the first time because what else do you do when a butternut squash gets delivered to your house? I forgot how much I love Real Simple magazine since I don't get it here, but they still have recipes online.

In other news, Michael has begun to train our cats tricks because he doesn't have enough hobbies as it is. Here is Eve doing a high-5 and "meerkat". Ninja can do them too, but I got better videos of Eve. 





No comments:

Post a Comment