Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Champeenship

My team in the fun Wednesday night frisbee league won the finals! We were completely unspectacular all season but then won the semi-finals because the really good team (that probably deserved to win the finals) had to play down a player. That being said, we legitimately won the last game by playing hard and working well together. It has been fun playing in a different league, and I've gotten more experience playing different positions on the field. At the league party/awards ceremony I was also awarded the team disc for being "the most consistent player". I don't know if that means I played consistently, or just that I had good attendance, but either way I'm happy to be recognized and get a free disc.

Michael is in the states right now getting to celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Every year we have a group of friends that host a party and everyone gets dressed up. The extent of my celebration this year was getting to say, "ARRR!!" a few times to a cute little two-year-old who brought a pirate hat to the center where I work. 

Today I'm going on a bike ride with a group of friends, which should be fun. Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment