Monday, August 20, 2018

Penny grows, Ninja in recovery, Sydney Tea Festival, and Flights home



This is a quick catch up because I don't have a lot of time today...

Penelope has been trying lots of new foods (purees, since she has no teeth). She is enjoying our weekly swim lessons She has upgraded to a crib from the bassinet, and we have already sold the bassinet. 

We found out last night that Ninja has a UTI, so we are treating him with some meds and hopefully it will clear up soon. Poor guy.

I went to my third Sydney Tea Festival. I tried all the teas and sweets, and it was more enjoyable than last year because I didn't have to be as careful about what I was trying (I was pregnant at the time last year). I bought one kind of tea that is hard to find here, some local honey from the folks with whom I took my beekeeping class, and even mixed my own floral rooibos blend that I named "Penny Lane".

I bought our plane tickets for a visit home in December. it's exciting to start planning, even though it's not for several months. Annoyingly, we actually had enough airline miles for a free ticket, but because most airlines are jerks who do whatever they want and don't care about being fair to their customers, it costs the same to get a one way ticket with United as it does to get a roundtrip flight around the holidays. So, we are saving the miles, but what good are miles we can't use the way we want and should be able to? We will be able to use them in a different month, hopefully, but still. We will probably switch our main airline from United to Qantas, since Qantas is so much better, but we have to use these miles we've saved up first. And, you know, they don't beat up their passengers when they overbook their own flights. 

...and that's the quick update.

No comments:

Post a Comment