Thursday, August 23, 2018

Coles Little Shop



Coles, one of the big supermarket chains here, has started doing this silly thing called Little Shop. For every $30 you spend on groceries, they give you a little collectible item (one of a set of 30). I didn't think anything of it at first, when I didn't know about the promotion and a cashier handed me a few little trinkets after I checked out. I put them on the bookshelf thinking at some point, Penelope might have a dollhouse and she might want them. Weeks later, we are almost halfway to a full set. We kind of accidentally became collectors.

People are actually going to great lengths to trade for these little tiny items. They are going onto message boards, classifieds, social media, and even live trading events to try to complete their sets. It's kind of insane. Anyway, sometimes there are these little cultural fads that arise, and this is definitely the consumerist craze of the moment. 

Our mini nutella jar is my prized possession. 

No comments:

Post a Comment