Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Week 2



Yesterday was the day Penelope was actually due to be born. Michael's paternity leave is coming to an end at the end of this week. At least two weeks is something, but it's not a very long time. Michael will still have some flexible days where he can take off or work from home.

Penelope grows a tiny bit bigger every day, and is slowly able to go longer between feeds. She continues to get more used to night and day, and is starting to wake up less at night. It's sometimes tiring for me, having a strange sleeping schedule - a few hours here and a few hours there - but it's actually better than I was sleeping at the end of my pregnancy. At this point, I've seen most of the Netflix movies that are worth seeing, I've been catching up on lots of podcasts, and still slowly rereading 1984 when I'm glued to the couchMichael is sleeping almost normally through the night - I only rarely need to wake him up for help, since he can't give Penny a bottle yet. In the morning, he takes over when she is more awake and I get a few more hours. 

We have had quite a few visitors, but I think things are going to calm down by the end of the week until a month from now, when my parents will be visiting. Mike's parents will be here shortly after that. 

We are used to having more going on on a daily and weekly basis, and more upcoming plans on weekends. Now, we pretty much have one "big" thing for the day, whether it's a visitor or an errand or whatever. Once I'm more healed and Penelope has had her six week doctor appointment (when she gets the rest of the vaccines she needs for now), we will be able to venture out with her more and more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment