Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Couch Potato Mom



How do I pass the time when I'm feeding Penelope for sometimes eight hours a day - at all hours of the day and night?

I have been listening to every current episode of Pod Save America, in addition to the Ted Talks podcast, and a few others. I've started watching Atlanta, and I still get my The Walking Dead zombie fix each week. I've re-watched a lot of old favorite movies on Netflix, like Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Wet Hot American Summer, and The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. Now that it's the end of the month, I'm counting down until they rotate and add some new stuff. I've also been re-reading 1984, which I am most of the way through. Sometimes I pick a musical theme and just play a bunch of songs within the theme. And then I play some words - I'm one of the few people still playing Words with Friends after all these years. I also enjoy gazing at Penelope in all her cuteness, and talking to her, but my neck gets pretty sore if I do that too much.

This week we have been a little more social again. We were mildly social in the last few weeks, but it was mainly with some friends who would stop by for a short visit to see Penelope for the first time and hold her, and/or bring us food or small gifts. That was nice, but now things are past that initial new baby haze and kind of getting back to normal - our new normal. Last night we had a game night with two of our friends, and we just had to juggle Penelope and I had to take two breaks to feed her and eventually put her down to sleep. Today was really nice because I got to go out to brunch in the neighborhood with a friend - we both had our little ones strapped to us and ate delicious pancakes with strawberries and mascarpone. It's nice to start making social plans again after a hiatus. It's kind of a testing phase to see what we can do with Penny and how long we are able to have people over or go out, but it's good what we can do stuff even if it is only for a few hours here or there. We are looking forward to her becoming more aware of her surroundings, she can start enjoying things we do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment