Sunday, October 22, 2017

DUFF-A Brings Home the Bronze



I'm proud to say that Mike's team, which is usually my ultimate frisbee team too, is bringing home the bronze medal from the mixed nationals tournament this weekend!

I love that it is so common and easy to stream games now from national and world tournaments. I love that I can watch my husband and friends playing live on my TV or my phone, and I can live chat my own commentary and heckling on What's App with my other friends that are watching from around the world too. Mike's little nephews event got to watch him play in Australia from their living room in New York. We often know one of the people who is doing the commentary too, since it's a small community, so it's funny to hear what they come up with on the spot, talking about their own friends and opponents. 

It was really fun back in June when we were at WCBU in France when I was watching one of the Australia games I got a message on my phone from a friend in Australia saying they could see me spectating in the corner of their screen, and I could wave to the camera when it panned around, live across the world

When I started playing 12 years ago, you could really only find out after a tournament how everyone placed. The fact that so many more games are getting taped means that there are more highlight reels and more people get exposed to the sport. Yay, technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment