Thursday, November 17, 2016

It's good to be back


Most flights over the Pacific land at Sydney sometime between 6-9AM. Many people I know here, when getting in from a long overseas flight early in the morning, end up going into work the very same day in an attempt to start getting back on the right schedule. Fortunately for me, this is not a possibility for me considering the regular hours of my work, so I get a day to readjust and do whatever I need to do to reorganize myself.  

My first stops when I get back are usually the grocery store and Flat White. Walking around running errands on a sunny, spring Sydney day were particularly pleasant yesterday. I was also able to meet up with my friend, Holly, at a yoga class and catch up over a cup of tea. 

Now I am having a productive morning that started 3 hours before I have to be at work because, surprise, I can't sleep anymore. I'm not complaining, thought, since I got a reasonable amount of sleep while Michael was still working late last night. 

I love my visits back to the states, but it feels good to get back into the swing of things here. With everything in the US being in flux at the moment, most people I talked to were on edge in some way about not knowing what the future would bring. Here, people are very interested in what is going on overseas (not just in the US). They are certainly concerned, but there isn't the same feeling of fear and dread. It's business as usual, which is refreshing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment