Monday, July 11, 2016

Fun for the sake of fun.

The Pokemon Go! craze is sweeping Sydney, and Michael has been trying to catch 'em all. He took a few personal timeouts from our beach ultimate pickup game yesterday to catch some nautical creatures. One of our (peripheral) friends was even pictured in the Sydney Morning Herald, since he was at some huge pokevent over the weekend. 


How long will the craze last? I give it two more weeks before it starts dying down. That doesn't mean I won't be logging as Michael from my phone, and walking around to help him hatch some incubating eggs faster. I go for walks all the time anyway, so it's not like it's any harder for me to have some app on also. 

I love how there are already online articles saying, "What I Wish I Knew When I Started Pokemon Go". When you started? Two days ago?? How can you already have regrets?

Think what you want about this app. Maybe it's wonderful for getting people outside in the fresh air, it's a social thing, etc. Or, it's dangerous because people are walking into traffic without paying attention, it's stupid and you don't get it, a waste of time, etc. Even though I'm not as into it as many people are, I'm happy it's a thing people are doing and talking about because it is lighthearted and kind of silly, and we need more lighthearted and silly things at a time when there is also so much negativity in the media and in the world right now. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete