Tuesday, December 29, 2015

No Resolutions, Thanks

It's that time of year again... the time of year where everyone is writing their New Year's resolutions. I don't really like resolutions. They're kind of a joke. Everyone says that they're going to work out more and eat better, and do this or that better. They work really hard for about two weeks, and then all the excuses that they usually have not to do those things take back over. Very occasionally, I have seen some people be successful on a longer-term basis with their resolutions, which is a feat to be proud of. 

On the one hand, I suppose the purpose of writing resolutions is self-reflection, which is a good thing. My issue is that self-reflection shouldn't be something that you only do once a year. And if you really want to make real changes in your life, they should be sustainable and realistic changes.

Our 2015 was pretty awesome, despite the negative news headlines 99% of the time. I'm thankful for everyone and everything we have. I am thankful that every year I get to go new places and have new experiences. I hope 2016 is just as great, if not greater. Don't we all hope that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment