Saturday, March 28, 2015

The student becomes the teacher, who becomes the student again.

I finished off the week with some solid sub work. My first job through the temp company was at a school for children with behavioral issues, and it was an interesting change of pace from mainstream schools. They seemed pretty pleased with my work and said if they need someone again they will call back the temp company and ask specifically for me. There's nothing like having your work validated after the unnecessarily difficult and long struggle of getting accepted in a foreign school system. 

We kicked off the weekend having a birthday drink with one of our frisbee friends. Then, Michael got up ridiculously early Saturday morning to ride to Canberra for a frisbee tournament. About two hours later I found his cleats, still at the apartment. Luckily, he needed new cleats anyway and was able to make a run to the store and get some. I would have gone to cheer on the team, but I had a training I had to stay back for. 

And now... time to relax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment