Sunday, April 6, 2014

Another Rainy Sunday

I suppose it's my fault for saying that it doesn't rain much here, and even when it does it's kind of wimpy rain. Lately it's been raining a lot more, which I suppose is good since Australia is historically and often plagued with drought. I think on average now half of the days it rains for at least a small portion of the day, and occasionally it will rain for most of the day, like today. Oh, weather. I'm not sure if this is just usually what happens in fall, or what just happens to be happening now.

This weekend has been pretty low-key. Yesterday, Michael and I went for a bike ride to Messina , our favorite local gelato chain. If you come to Sydney, you should try it. If you try it, it will also cause you a pang of sadness for all the flavors you will not get to try. It is our unofficial goal to try all their flavors, but it is hard when you have to pick between something you know is really good, and 20 other flavors that sound also amazing.

I've been mainly doing grocery shopping, chores, errands, getting in touch with friends and family back home, and cooking. Speaking of which, I invented chicken matzo sinagang, which is a fusion between Jewish and Philippino food, and is delicious. Michael has been working on a top secret project (I know what it is but don't want to say too much) that will hopefully at some point become the new hottest app that will make us a million dollars. And, all the while we've been re-watching Game of Thrones, as previously alluded to. 

Randomly when I was walking near Paddington Reservoir Gardens again today, I noticed the Sydney Library has put a few shelves of old books there for people to take one away for free if they like. I cheated and took two, but for a nobel cause. There we no kids' books, but there was one that was close enough about Chinese New Year that I grabbed to donate to my school. That probably sounds totally random to an outsider, but the kids actually do some crafts/activities related to Chinese New Year, especially since there are a lot of Chinese families at the centre. We have so few books for the kids as it is, so every little bit helps. I also grabbed the The Onion Book of Known Knowledge for us, because The Onion is awesome.

Michael is at ultimate frisbee practice right now, no doubt getting poured on. And that's the weekend in a nutshell, folks. I had more fun than I should have putting more links than I should have into this post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment