Friday, October 4, 2019

Shingles Update



I'm finally starting to feel better even though I still look like Quasimodo. The symptoms have peaked and are now slowly subsiding. Even though this is not how I wanted to spend my school holidays, I'm grateful that I didn't need to miss any teaching days, and that we have been able to send PJ to daycare for a few extra days so I can recuperate. 

I don't wish shingles on my worst enemy. I think what made my case particularly bad was that before I had been diagnosed, I thought it was a normal rash, and applied steroid cream. It probably would have been a bad case anyway, but the steroids definitely inflamed everything more and increased the swelling. So, lesson learned, I'm never putting steroid cream on my face again, and only going to use it sparingly in the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment