Thursday, October 24, 2019

Moving Prep Update



I'm happy to say that we secured a spot for Penelope at a small daycare center for when we move back to the US. This was my main concern, since it's hard to find a spot without being able to physically tour places in person, and with most places having waitlists. Luckily, my in-laws were able to help us check out a place. It's hard to know if it is somewhere we will stay longterm, but at least we have something for when I start work, and we can see how it goes. 

So, of the main big things I needed to organize - Penny's daycare, my work situation, and finding us somewhere to live longterm - I'm 2/3. The finding somewhere to live longterm thing is going to take some time, and we have to be a little more settled back home before we can take the steps towards finding a home to buy. So, I'm pretty happy with where we are at the moment. The next main thing to do is slowly get rid of our stuff here. 

I played frisbee for the first time in a few months last night - the first time since battling shingles. It was a tiring game, especially because we had no female subs, but it felt good to be back on the field. I know Mike and I will both miss our leagues here when we move back. We aren't sure how much we will continue playing back in the DC area. It will depend on how many of our friends are still playing, and how hard it is to work it into our different work schedules and locations, and Penny's schedule.  

Penny is starting to say a lot of command phrases, like "sit down", "lie down", "hold it", "got it", "eat it", etc. It's interesting to see how her language development evolves. She continues to enjoy her daycare here, music/movement classes at the local community center, and playing in all our small local playgrounds. She is blissfully unaware of all the changes that are about to take place in a month, even though I talk to her about them occasionally. She is currently crazy about The Wiggles, eating mini pancakes, helping put laundry in the basket,  and giving any visitors cups of tea from her tea set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment